People ask me all the time about what order they need to layer their skin care. Layering them in the right order will make sure you’re getting the best benefit from each individual product.
- Serums and treatments go on first. They are lighter and they penetrate skin best when layered straight onto the skin. These would include eye creams, acne spot treatments, salicylic acid (for oily skin), etc.
2. Vitamin C or a antioxidant. I mention Vitamin C because its works wonders on your skin. It promotes collagen production, brightens, and protects your skin against sun damage.
3. Let it settle in. I usually will brush my teeth or blow dry my hair.
4. Moisturize. Use a moisturizer made for your specific skin type and apply it all over your face and down your neck.
5. Sunscreen. Even if your makeup contains sunscreen you need to use a separate SPF. The amount of SPF in makeup is not enough to protect your skin throughout the day.
6.At night layer on a retinoid. Retinal creams penetrate better when applied over moisturized skin. Retinal will keep your skin youthful, help even out your skin tone, and help with texture.