Summer is heeeere! This is my favorite time of the year. It’s warm, sunny, and I can take advantage of the nearby beaches. Yay me! Haha! I grew up in Hawaii, about 5 minutes away from the beach, so living on the coast is a must. Luckily, my husband is in the Navy so we will always live near the ocean.
Anywho… I wanted to share some of my summer beauty favorites with you all. Enjoy!
1. Of course, sunscreen! I don’t care if you’re only going to be in the sun for a second… Sunscreen is a MUST! There’s no need for me to delve into the reasons why because I’m sure every other magazine, blog, and beauty guru has beat that product into your head. Plus, I’m sure you all know how to Google search benefits of sunscreen (If not, you have bigger problems haha).
2. Tinted Moisturizers! Or BB Creams, CC Creams… Whatever you want! If you’re on a tight budget and don’t want to go out and splurge on a different face product, add a little bit of moisturizer to your foundation… And WALA! Tinted moisturizer! Haha. Currently I’ve been using It Cosmetics CC+ Cream and I love it. The coverage is decent, lasts through the heat, and lightweight. It’s hot! You don’t want to feel like you’re skin is suffocating.
2. Brow Gels! If you have non-existent eyebrows like mine, you will loooove this! Haha. I currently have been going between MAC’s Brow Gel and Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Genius Kit. I personally tested the brow gel on a model for a underwater shoot and it lasted all day. I also have used the MAC Brow Gel on myself while jumping off some cliffs into the ocean and they stayed put the whole time too!
Client with ABH Genius Brow Kit:
3. Lip Stains! I’ve been reaching for Revlon’s Moisture Lip Stain more often recently. It’s moisturizing and it tints your lippies so it’s long lasting without drying out your lips. Not as long lasting as some other lip stains but I love the color so I will deal with it. Lip stains are perfect for summer because who wants to stop what their doing to reapply lipstick? Not I!
4. Coconut Oil! Being out in the sun and on the beach does a number on my skin & hair. I have been using coconut oil to deep condition my hair and condition my skin. Take a shower, put some coconut oil in your hair and rub it all over your body, especially the dry areas like your elbows & knees, let it sit for a few minutes and rinse. You’ll feel a little slimy at first but once you towel dry, you’re skin will feel amaze-balls!
Those are my summer beauty faves! Hope you enjoyed this post. If you have any recommendation feel free to comment below! 🙂